Monday, January 18, 2010

Some things have been happening in my life that I am really not at liberty to go into detail about but because of it, I have turned more to the scriptures. This is a good thing. I have been in the process of reading a book by Lisa Whelchel called "The Facts of Life" She says straight up that this is sort of a biography of her life but not really because she doesn't share everything. This book is basically a testimony of her walk with Christ. It is inspiring because some of things that she struggled/struggles with is some that I am/have also. She continually includes scripture that spoke to her in these times and what a blessing it has been. I am continually amazed at God's timing. God presents scripture that I need to hear, read, etc. at just the time I am in what I call crisis mode.
Lisa talks in her book about how God pruned her, set her straight, showed her direction, etc. All things that I have needed to hear. She talks about listening to the voice of God and how to discern when it is Him and when it isn't. Again, things I needed to hear. For some reason I picked up this book to bring for the weekend rather than the classic novel I have been working on for months. I am so glad I did. The ministry that has come from the words and scriptures in this book have soothed my soul and made me realize so many things.
I was angry and hurt as the weekend started but God has comforted me and spoken to me in some ways that are just not explained with words. I am feeling so blessed by the words that I have had come into my spirit. This has also made me realize that I don't spend enough time in the word and that even though I pray every day almost constantly, it isn't the kind of praying that I really feel that God is calling me to do. I also realize that I will be under attack once I commit to being more into the word and I will have to pray harder and be ready.
The attacks are my weakness because I get compliant and comfortable. God is showing me that this is an area I have to work on.
So you see, out of the bad comes the good and out of this comes God's best. I ask that those who read this please keep me in your prayers that I will be diligent and in tune with what God wants for my life and not what I want.

2 comments:

  1. I want to borrow that book. I also want to read her book on dicipline with your kids. Great to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN. Good words. It's so hard to realize that we simply are God's and He takes care of us. Lots of learning. But we're still His. Thanks - cuz i needed your words too. Jenn

    ReplyDelete