Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God smacked me upside the head

Our pastor has been preaching on Galatians 5:23 over the past few weeks. He has discussed each part of this verse and this last part was over self control. It was such a powerful message and I so needed to hear it. He tended to rabbit trail from time to time but everything was what I needed to hear. Not what I wanted to hear particularly but I sure needed to hear it.
One of the things was that he continued to say that the anger and hurt that we hang on to is satan's hold in our life. We give satan that foothold she we don't resolve our differences. With all that has happened over the past year, I have certainly allowed a ton of anger to build up. I knew that my prayer life had been low and I knew that I felt totally disgusted whenever I thought of the problems going on. It was life it would dredge up over and over again. Always when I thought it was past.
Well, I made the decision to have some self control and move past the anger and bitterness. This week I have made an effort to be nicer and to treat people better and as a result, the week has been better. I also got to thinking that I didn't want to be that person that everyone avoids because all I could talk about was the same problems over and over. Complaining and griping over and over. I am tired over reliving the nightmare over and over. So I made sure that I made an effort. It was such a good decision. I am glad I made this decision. I have to say that I am glad when God smacks me upside the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment