Monday, April 27, 2009

That is real stress

I have started this blog entry five or six times today and every time, I delete it. I want to talk about the stress I am under, the panic attack I am having almost daily due to the state test but every time, I would delete it. I am pretty sure I know why.
You see, as stressed as I think I am, it is nothing compared to other people's lives I know about.
One of my friends has her youngest children graduating from high school. They are twins so it is doubly hard for her to deal with this stage in life. That is stress.
My sister-in-law just had her 3rd baby and now has 3 kids under the age of 6. That is stress and sleep deprivation all rolled into one.
Another sister-in-law has a daughter who is getting married in the next few months. That is stress.
Another sister-in-law is working on her business that have definite deadlines and quotas that have to be met or she has to start all over again. That is stress.
I have a friend whose 2 year old is waiting on a kidney transplant and has now been in the hospital for 6 weeks. Their family is having to deal with mom and dad being at the hospital constantly while the other two kids are at home with g-mom and g-pop. They are having to work extra jobs to pay for medicine and bills, etc. That is stress.
Another friend of mine has a child who has had medical problems since she was six months old. This child is now in her teens and that presents a new set of problems. That is stress.
I have a co-worker who just lost her mother-in-law/best friend and has had to go from burying her to coming right back to work. That is stress.
A friend of mine from college has a child who has had numerous operations to fix problems he was born with. He is still a little guy. That is stress.
Several people I know have cancer in various stages. That is real stress.
I could keep going. You see, it doesn't matter how bad I think my day is going or how stressed I think I am. I can whine and complain but then God reminds me about all the other people who are stressed and what they have to be stressed about and my "problems" seem so small. What helps more than anything is to just sit down and pray for each of these people that I think about. When I do that then the "stress" I thought I was having just slips away. Maybe it's time to go pray.

2 comments:

  1. Knowing that prayers are also being offered up for you! Thanks for praying for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You do read my blog! Thanks for the prayers. We came in at $9310.50 for the month. I need $745 for the car now! You are being prayed over. At least your kids can take the test and get it over with. We will be out of school until the 11th. It is crazy.

    ReplyDelete