Sunday, May 24, 2009

Miracles Have Happened

It is official. I have accomplished something I never even dreamed about doing. I now hold teaching certificates for all subjects for grades K-8. I know that this is where God wants me to be because He continues to give me the wisdom I need to pass the horrible tests that the state of Texas deems necessary for us to take. You see, growing up I had my Granddaddy Watson :) who was a principal and superintendent, my Grandmother Watson :) who was a teacher, and my mom :) who is still a teacher in my life. All I heard from people was "You are going to be a teacher like those people in your family." Well, it may surprise you but I tend to be a tiny bit stubborn and I don't like to be told what I am going to do with my life. I know it shocks you to find this out but you had to find out eventually. (You can laugh hysterically here. I am.) I did everything in my power to NOT be a teacher. I thought I was going to the extreme opposite by going into social work. Boy, was the joke on me. God was just preparing me for teaching while allowing me to think that I was doing things my way. When I finally decided to try God's way, I discovered that not only did I really love teaching, the kids, and the learning, but God opened every door that has popped up for me to maintain this path in life. I have toyed with going ahead and getting certified in High School English just to go ahead and have every certification for K-12 but for now I am content with what I have accomplished with God's help. If He wants me to get that final certification then it will happen in His time, not mine. If you had asked me 15, 20, 25, even 30 years ago if I would love teaching I would have loudly, said, "Miracles will have to happen for me to even think about teaching."

Miracles have happened. :)

1 comment: