Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Contemplations

I have been in a contemplative mood of late and have been analyzing things in my life. There are things that I would change and then there are things that I wouldn't change. I think it is fair to say that most everyone contemplates these kinds of things at one time or another in their life.
As I have stated before, one thing that I would do if I had the finances, etc. is to become a wedding planner. I like the idea more and more and if I had a shot I would do it. Another thing I would do is (and of course this would fall under the "if I had unlimited amounts of money" category) find a secluded area where there was access to a decent sized river, mountains, forest, and such that was only accessible by air. I would then have a solid, well insulated cabin built that had good solar energy panels, a good sized windmill, good fireplace, back up generator, water well, and satellite computer/phone service. I think it would be interesting to see if I could survive there. Of course I would start with plenty of supplies so that I could get going. I could see myself doing just fine in that environment. I have even sketched a drawing of the cabin. I didn't say that I would be without comforts because anyone who knows me, knows that roughing it means staying at the Motel 6. :)
As for things that don't require the "unlimited funds", I would like to have a nice garden, home canned goods in the pantry, chickens that lay eggs, and some things like that. Sadly, there is Chico so the chicken thing is out. I think I could do the gardening and canning.
Things I would not change are my husband and my boys. They are my life line. I think I would feel aimlessly lost without my family. Don't get me wrong, I know that God is first and foremost in my life and that He is my rock. That is a biggie. I just love having my guys around. I love having their sense of humor, their antics, even their arguing. They are the bright spots in my life.
I guess I am having a restless time in my spirit right now and that is the reason for all of this. Well, time to calm the restlessness and get back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment