Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Selfish

I am such a selfish person. There I admit it. It's not something I am proud of but I am.
I am selfish when it comes to Jeff and the boys. I know there are times when I say I need a break but really and truly, I can't stand not being with them. I am one of the people that would have a "compound" out where I live with my kids and their families living here so that all of them would be around me.
I am selfish when it comes to my kids at school. I expect everyone to do what is best for them and when someone is unwilling to do that then I tend to get a bit on the (VERY) irritated side of life. Basically, when it comes to my kids, it's my way or the highway. There is no gray area.
I am selfish when it comes to my time. I tend to volunteer a lot and agree to do things even though I am already busy beyond belief. Then I have a problem understanding why I am tired and stressed. I am getting better about saying "no" and not volunteering so much. I am a work in progress in this area.
I am selfish when it comes to time with God. I work hard every day to spend time with God. Most of the time, I pray but I do try to work in some bible study. Bible study is not my strong suit but I am getting better about it. I am working on areas that God leads me to and I am learning a lot. I always allow time in my day to pray. I am very selfish about this.
I wish I could tell you that I am getting better at not being so selfish but sadly, this is not the case. I am a work in progress. What more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment