Friday, September 25, 2009

I admit it. I am not a football fan. I do not enjoy watching it nor participating in it. I am one of those people that has one of two reasons to be at the game. One, their child is participating in some form or fashion in an aspect of the game. In my case, my 2 younger children are both percussionists in the marching band so therefore I go. The other reason is because the spouse drug you there under protest. I have done that before as well. I know what the stats of the game mean, I know the rules of the game, and I understand the game. I just don't like the game. I don't even like to watch it on television with one exception. Super Bowl. The only reason I like to watch it then use to be for the commercials. Now, the commercials are so trashy at times that I don't enjoy that either.
I guess this dislike for the game goes back to my childhood. It was the absolute one thing that my daddy really watched and got into. He wasn't much of a television kind of guy when I was younger except when football was on. He yells at the television as if they could hear him coaching them. I think he was thrilled when my brother came along so that there would be someone to watch with the same enthusiasm that he had. My mom enjoys football almost as much as my dad. In high school, I would rather babysit than go to a game. The few times I did go were because my brother was playing. I think I went twice. I never have. It must be a rogue recessive gene.
I wanted desperately to be a cheerleader but not to go to the football games. I wanted to cheer for basketball and really and truly, the main reason I wanted to be a cheerleader was so that I could be as loud as I wanted to without getting into trouble for it. Sad, but true.
So when you see me at the football games just sitting there looking bored but still trying to appear interested, you will know. I would rather be talking to friends, texting people, taking pictures, or reading a book (yes, I did that tonight). This just isn't my thing.
Now baseball and basketball are a whole other story.....I love them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment