Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dreamin'

Lately I have been doing some thinking. I know what some of you are thinking--"Is that what all the squeaking was"? HAHA. Anyway, like I said, I have been thinking. There are several things that I have been wondering about and dreaming about.
First let me tell you about this dream. I dreamed that I was able to do anything I wanted because I had unlimited funds. (I always have unlimited funds in my dreams. It is a happy dream and just that--a dream.) I am not sure where Jeff and the boys are but they aren't around. I decide that I am going to go out on my own. I go to Idaho and find the most remote part of land that I can. Then I fly in a crew who builds me a house (think Little House on the Prairie house) that is equipped with solar panels and a windmill and a back up generator. The house also has a fireplace and the wonderful builders chop enough wood for the winter. It also has a water well. It is a house of comfort without being on the grid. I then fly in furniture, enough food supplies for several months, and I move in. I have a satellite phone and computer so that if there is a point where I want to communicate I can. I am set. Winter moves in and I am comfy with my homemade quilts and all. I make a schedule and follow it. I bake, sew, make rugs, quilt, and draw. (I said it was a dream!) I make it through the winter despite what everyone thinks. It is wonderful. When I wake up from this dream, I am at peace.
There is a piece of me that wishes I could do this. It is basically called running away. I would like to run away sometimes. When the pressure of work, finances, home, and all start building up, I think about my dream spot or in other words, I run away in my brain. I guess this sounds stupid. I figure a lot of people will read this and think how selfish I am. I am not trying to be selfish but just trying to find a place that is all my own where no one else can knock on the door and invade. Where I can dream and be alone.
I am not sure that my family understands this. My husband has all day alone. He has to deal with some people but for the most part, he is alone. My kids have their alone time with their video games and college and all. I am around people all day, every day, except for 1 hour on Wednesday nights. (That is when my guys are gone and I stay home). I just want time alone without interruptions, etc. My husband likes me to be with him in the evenings so that is what I do. I have found that I stay up late at night because that is the only time in the day when there is no one around. Right now, I would like to take a vacation away from it all. Sleep til I wake up, go where I wanted to go, shop if I wanted to, go sightseeing if I wanted to, etc.
Don't get me wrong. I love my family and they are precious to me. I would miss them horribly if they weren't in my life but every once in a while...
Well, back to the real world and the reality of life. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment