Thursday, October 29, 2009

Becoming a Writer

I would love to be a writer. I have stories crawl through my head all the time. I have pictures in my head and I can here how the characters sound. I just can't get it to sound right when I try to write. It sounds flat and my descriptions don't do what's in my head justice.
I have always had an active imagination. I first remember making up stories and characters when I was in first grade. I would finish my work and apparently I would disturb others so my teacher had me go to the closet. I created the greatest stories ever in there. Ever since then I have had stories in my system. I have tried many times to write them down but they just don't happen on paper. I won't be able to write about vampires or wizards or cow dogs and such. Those aren't things that I can relate to or want to write about.
I wish I could take video tape of my brain so that I could replay it and write the stories that are in there down. I would love to finally get it right and that means taking a chance again. Maybe I will. Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. I've read the best way to get better is just write. Go ahead and write. Don't worry about who's gonna read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long were you in the closet?

    ReplyDelete