Sunday, July 18, 2010

I am ready, bring it on!!!!

In my last post, I blew off some steam because I was frustrated. Let me say that even when my family frustrates me, they are still the bright spot in my life. We have talked since the last post and they understand now that they are going to have to give me some ideas rather than say, "I don't know" and then get upset with what I fix.
I know it is early, but there was a really good sale on...PENCILS!!!!! What does that mean? It means that I bought pencils. When I start buying things like that then it means that I am more than ready to get back to school. I really do like teaching school. I love getting the school supplies, putting up the bulletin boards, getting my room ready, prepping lesson plans for at least the first six weeks, etc. I am one of the strange people that would love to have school for 6 weeks at a time and then a week off then school for 6 weeks and a week off, etc. Otherwise known as year round school. I like working with the kids and helping them to understand things.
When my kids were younger, we made a whole day of going to get school supplies, a new outfit (shorts/jeans and a t-shirt), new shoes, and a new backpack for school. I think I actually liked doing this more than they did but they never complained (at least until they turned 1o). Back to school shopping means the start of something new again. I love it!
I am weird because a lot of wives at school get flowers on the first day of school but I would absolutely love it if I got a pencil bouquet or better yet!!!!!! A BOUQUET OF COLORED SHARPIES!!!!!!!!! Seriously!! I mean it!! Really!! I told you I was weird.
I have already started working on lessons for the start of school. Making vocabulary charts, arranging my room on paper, creating bulletin boards on paper, making a list of school supplies I want to have in my room, etc. I have lists running around my house right now that all pertain to school. My family is enduring this with sweetness. They turn their heads away from me to roll their eyes and grimace. I love them so!!
I still have to wait a month but I am gearing up and getting ready. Bring on the new school year cuz I am ready!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment