Sunday, July 11, 2010

Watching What My Little Men Become

Today we sent our youngest off on his first mission trip. I was a little sad but at the same time, so excited for him. I wish I had been able to go with him and see the work that God is going to do in him this week. I know that there is a reason why I was able to go but I still wish I could have. I have seen him slowly changing over the past couple of weeks and it is so exciting because his digging deeper into God's word and is looking for more ways to be involved in ministry.
I watched my boys this morning during the worship service and noticed that they both worship with their whole heart. They don't go raising their hands or dancing or anything like that. You can just tell that they have blocked out all the extra stuff going on around them and they are totally in tune with God. They give the pastor their full attention. While others are passing notes, they are focused on what is being said. My heart was full today, realizing what godly men I have in my house. My oldest was sick so he wasn't there but I know that he has a heart for God and for ministry. I am like any other mom and I worry about my kids. If I could, I would have them close to me forever but that is not God's plan for their lives.
I look forward to seeing what God has in their future and what He does with them. It is exciting, scary, and really cool all at the same time to watch what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment