Saturday, July 10, 2010

Looking Back

First, let me say that my habit of keeping the house clean at now is going great. The getting up thing, we will see this next week.
I was looking at pictures of people I went to high school earlier this evening. The people that I always looked at and wanted to be like, well, let's just say...I no longer want to be like them anymore. Yes, I would like to lose weight. Yes, I would love to have thick luxurious hair. Yes, I would love to have a ton of money.
I wouldn't trade what I have for anything. You see, I have 3 boys who are Christians, sweeter than sugar, and huge hearts. I have a husband who loves me, desires me, and makes sure that we have what we need. When I was dreaming of the perfect guy in my life, I had some strong criteria. My husband met every single criteria that I had dreamed of. I have great in-laws. Fantastic nieces and nephews.
I see pictures of these people I held in high regard and wonder.... Some of them have had dream jobs (my opinion), some of them get to travel, and some of them have been friends for many, many years.
I have the job that God gave me, I don't travel...yet, and I am friends with many people. Those who are my true blue friends have been through the thick and the thin with me and they are still friends. I am glad I am not the same person I was in high school. I am glad that I am the person I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment