Saturday, January 14, 2012

Highlight of the Day--HEB, Waxahachie, Texas

I haven't been home lately so I haven't been able to post my highlight of the day. But I am back again and in full swing.
I told you previously that I a self-proclaimed foodie. I really love to bake and when you love to bake, you need to find stores that you really like for the things you use in baking.
Strange as it seems. I love HEB. This is a grocery store chain that I have know about all my life. It originated in Corpus Christi, Texas (where I grew up). I remember driving down Ocean Drive and my parents and grandparents pointing out Mr. Howard E. Butt's house. I am a third generation in my family to shop there.
The Waxahachie HEB is wonderful. They always seem to have really good meal deals and there is always someone around to help you. You don't have to wonder if anyone actually works there. I kind of wonder if they "station" someone on each aisle so that they can help people. Also, if you are in one department and you are looking for something clear across the store, they not only know where to look but will walk you to it. Personalized service and all done with a pleasant attitude. I remember being in this store one day and a lady screaming at the employee. Because they recommended a particular brand. The employee never got rude, they stayed calm, and eventually the lady calmed down and asked for help from this same person. I would have been fired for telling her off. This employee was great.
But that is how it always is there. When I check out the employees smile and visit with me and it is just uplifting. I can have a horrible day but they seem to know the right thing to make me smile or just wish me an encouragement.
I called the other day to let them know that the checker was friendly and they seemed amazed. They shouldn't. Their employees are worth their weight in gold.
So if you want a great place to shop for groceries and get some personalized service, go to the Waxahachie HEB. Best grocery store around.

2 comments:

  1. I sooooo miss HEB up here in North Central Texas. Local grocery stores are a sad comparison! I've been told there will be one built 30 minutes from me and I am very excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long has it been since I came by your blog? I enjoy seeing the changes in you and the blog since my very first visit! "You Rock" (or is that saying now out of date? Well, anyway, you rock!
    Our HEB is not so blessed - there are some who will help and some who seem to care less. Enjoy your blessings and I think it's great you called to let them know!
    Take care, Jenn

    ReplyDelete