Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Highlight of the Day--Mo's Cafe, Maypearl, Texas

Even though Maypearl is a small town, there are several places to eat. Today's highlight is on Mo's Cafe. This is an interesting place. It is tucked away next to the Exxon Station at the corner of FM 157 and FM 66 in Maypearl, Texas. When you walk in, it is a cozy, country atmosphere complete with a fireplace and slate floors. Many of the locals gather there for breakfast, lunch, and supper and any time in between.
I have tried their breakfast menu and the omelets are wonderful. They will fill you up. Not only that but with the omelet you get biscuits and gravy. Now that is a Texas breakfast.
Their main meal menu has a wide assortment of items on it. I have slowly been working my way through their menu. The portions are good sized and very filling. I think my favorite item at this point is the their Monte Cristo Sandwich with the Raspberry Chipotle sauce. Incredible is the only word I can say for that combo. I have heard several people say that the fish and shrimp there are good and the fajitas are well worth it.
The staff there is friendly and treats you like they have known you forever. There is a laid back feel to the place that comes with the small town.
One thing I do know is that Mo's is the only place in town that will deliver meals to the teachers at the local school whenever they need them.
So if you are ever traveling through Maypearl, Texas and looking for a good homecooked meal where you can take a load off for a bit. Stop into Mo's!

No comments:

Post a Comment