Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Highlight of the Day--Horny Toad Bar and Grill, Cranfills Gap, Texas

I know I haven't blogged in several days but I was out of town and then life caught up with me and well, I just enjoyed my family for a bit without the computer in my hands constantly.
Today's highlight is a place I have mentioned before but I felt like it was worth mentioning again. If you like to travel the back roads and just want to explore Texas then make sure you head out State Highway 22. Cranfills Gap is located 42 miles northwest of Waco and in this sleepy little town, there is a fantastic place to eat. It is called the Horny Toad Bar and Grill. Our family first heard about it in "Ride Texas" Magazine. So we loaded up the car and headed out.
We were pleasantly surprised. This little place has tons of charm and great food. We have been there several times now and every time we are not disappointed. I highly recommend the burgers and onion rings. They have an extensive menu and I have liked every thing I have eaten. On the weekends they have live music and it is a packed house. Although it is (for all practical purposes) a bar, it is still a great place to eat. We have gone during the day and it is more family-oriented during that time. The road to getting there is just as much a part of the journey as the eating. The beautiful winding roads make this a great outing. It is truly a place to "get away" from the hustle and bustle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment