Monday, January 9, 2012

Showers

Well, for once I am up before 7:00am. I love to sleep and normally, I sleep til then.today though I woke up enough to hear the rain falling outside my window. It is a soothing sound most of the time. Unfortunately my first thought was "Great. How the heck are we gonna move the winter guard floor in the rain?" I stopped and realized that instead of enjoying the blessing of rain (which if you live in Texas, then you consider it a blessing), I was already groosing about it.
Once I realized that, I stopped and listened again. I closed my eyes. I focused on the rain. Then I heard the soothing sounds that I love when it rains. It was refreshing. It was like all the worries of the day were being washed away and the day was getting a shower of blessings.
There are times when I am too quick to jump right into the yuck instead of focusing on the beauty. I am working on trying to see the beauty before the yuck. It makes for a much more pleasant day, event, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment