Sunday, June 7, 2009

What My "Summer Vacation" Looks Like

For those people who think that teachers have it easy by having 3 months off for the summer, I thought I would give a glimpse at my "summer".

June 8-9--Still working at school doing files, setting up meetings, and finalizing SPED stuff.
June 15-19--Attending mandatory cirriculum writing workshop
June 21--Father's Day and Jeff's Birthday
Sometime in June--Driver's Ed for Will
June 29--Mark's Birthday (I have this on my calendar so as not to forget to get a card and gift)
June 28-July 2 VBS
July 4--Reunion at our house and Hale's Anniversary (reminder for card)
July 19--Tatum's Anniversary (reminder for card)
July 27--Darin and Cona's Anniversary (reminder for card)
July24-August 3??--Mission Trip with Pipes'
July 31-August 6-7--Wedding guests staying at my house
August 10-14--Band Camp
August 14, 17-21--School starts for me
August 24--School starts for the kids
In addition to all this, I have to find a job this summer to help pay for Andy's college since we are changing schools and have little financial aid. I also have to get the house cleaned from top to bottom for July 4th and the wedding. Completing the picture is the fact that we have to get all the paperwork and junk done for Andy to transfer schools before the July 20th deadline.
Now does everyone understand why I am so obsessive compulsive with my lists and needing details? There is no vacation in all this. Just hurry up and panic.

1 comment: