Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mental Chaos

I have to write about my thoughts and feelings because I learned this week that if I talk about what I am feeling and thinking then people get mad because they say I "do this every year" or they start talking about how I need to go get put on anti-depressants so that the yo-yo emotions will stop. I have so many thoughts going through my head and as a result my brain is in overload so I am not sleeping. I am worried about my high school son. He is going to be in Junior level classes this year. I thought he was a sophomore but apparently things are not as they seem. He is also in the marching band and in golf. He tends to be a perfectionist so I hope he does well with everything he is involved in this year. I am also worrying about my youngest who is starting 8th grade this year. I am hoping that this is the year he settles down and takes school seriously. He is a lot like the oldest child in that every thing is a social event and school is just another place to go and hang out with friends. I worry about my oldest. I did cry just as hard at leaving him as I did his first year. I think it was harder this year. I just hope that all my boys remember to study once in a while. Despite all my worrying, I am hoping for a good year this year. I am always apprehensive about it until I get going into a routine. I already know that the paperwork load is going to be outrageous until I get everything into the new system. I am just hoping that I don't forget all the training I just went through.
I found myself sliding back into some old habits that I thought I had gotten rid of. One was that I planned out my wardrobe for a complete six weeks. I have also taken to start putting my sock drawer back into ABC order according to color. I redid my skirts in my closet tonight and put them in ABC order by color. I did stop myself from putting my cookbooks in ABC order. I had to draw the line somewhere. I find that when I do this then it means that I stressing about something I have no control over. Well, let me tell you. I have plenty right now that falls into that category but it will stay buried and my closet will once again become alphabetized and organized. Organization can be a good thing.
I know that I am random in my thoughts this time but like I said earlier, my thoughts are everywhere but settled. I am praying for peace and sleep and for all of us to remain calm, cool, and collected in the midst of my mental chaos.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynne. I found your blog b/c I was looking for photos of Lauren's wedding. We were not able to come. I'm married to Glenn's uncle. I've been reading here and there on your post. In fact, decided to return to doing a blog myself and actually joined facebook. In regard to chaos...I've turned to Philippians 4:5-7, especially 6-7 and 'banked on them'. By that I mean, just as surely as you tell your kids "I'll pick you up" and mean it, believe God. I turned to those verses one night and read them several times and told God, okay, I'm believing You, You said it. And, it began a process of learning, step-by-step to also bring all my thoughts to Him, give them and let them go. As Keith Green says "Do your best, pray that it's blessed and He'll take care of the rest." It's nice to meet you!
    Drop in on my blog ... Jenn
    http://peacornpopnutssodagumchewingwater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete