Monday, July 6, 2009

My Attempt at cooking Corn

I was kind of impressed with myself tonight. I cooked corn on the cob for the first time ever on my own. Now I know that people are saying, "So what. We cook it all the time." but if you have never attempted it and have someone whose mom is good at doing it then it can make you nervous. I think I did really well. After I shucked the corn (yes, actually shucked the strings and all from it) I boiled the corn. Since I had never done it I had no idea how long to cook it. I went for the stand by of 15 minutes. I stabbed it a couple of times and finally I took the chance and served it up with some chicken marinated and cooked in Italian dressing. Jeff ate the corn and told me it was pretty good. I take this as a compliment because he did eat all the corn on his cob. I ate some even though I am not a big corn fan and thought it was good. Now I know I can do it. I have done something I wasn't sure I could.
I think I am going to try my hand at making real creamed corn next with the leftover corn on the cob. Think what I could do if I had a garden with fresh veggies to can. Hint, Hint, Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment