Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Family Blessing

I am blessed by the family I have. Not just my husband and my boys but by my in-laws (whom I don't really consider in-laws but more like true brothers and sisters). They have been wonderful to me. They have included me every step of the way through this process we are all going through. My mom-in-law said the other day that she choose her in-law kids well. I think she did a darn good job choosing. We are a unique family (both sides of mine especially) in that all the married people get along with each other. We have always seemed to get along. We tease each other (sometimes mercilessly) and we laugh at each other (honest, we were laughing with you, not at you :D). Our kids all get along and even though there are physical miles as well as age miles difference among them they all have a good relationship and are close.
Today I blogged about feeling like I had to be strong and immediately, two of the family members wrote back to me and told me that I could lean on them. We all grieve in our own way. Those words spoke volumes to me. I hear from people all the time about how horrid their in-laws are or how their family isn't close and I feel really and truly sorry for all that they are missing. I am truly blessed.

2 comments: