Saturday, February 20, 2010

"We're Gonna Make It" (another song reference)

"We're gonna make it." (another song reference). I heard one time that there is a song for just about anything you want to say. It's pretty true. I use this particular song because Friday was so hard. It would have been Mom Pipes' 69th birthday. I woke up realizing that and had me a cry. Then knowing I had meetings at school, I pulled my self out of bed by the boot straps and went to work. Because of some things going on there, I was having a no good, very bad, horrible day.
As I picked up my youngest son from the band hall, I asked the usual question, "How was your day today?" Normally, I get "boring" as a response. Today however, he responded, "It was one of the best days ever!" Wow! I asked him why and he told me a couple of things that had happened to him throughout the day. I glanced over at him and he was smiling and just a bright spot that I needed. I told him I loved him and that he was my favorite youngest son. Of course that caused the eyes to roll and I got a "Mom, I am your only youngest son." to which I responded, "That's why your my favorite one!" He laughed. That was a sound I had not heard him do in a while. (Being 13, laughter is not a top ten emotion we see a lot of). It made me smile.
When I think that it is a dark moment, God chooses that time to send down a bright spot to show us that He is still there and that "We're Gonna Make It". He hasn't dumped us. He hasn't abandon us. He hasn't forgotten us. Even though Mom is in heaven and we grieve, God is standing right there with us. I love the bright spots He gives us to show us He is here. I have been reading Psalm lately and well, I can't decide on one particular one to share so from me to you--read the whole book. It will uplift you and give you a bright spot as well because "through the rain and the pain, we're gonna make it after all."

1 comment:

  1. I'm smiling with you! I've been in the Psalms a lot lately too. Some thought provoking and incredible words to think on an live on and by. Glad your day picked up - glad your son had a 'best day'. :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete