Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A shared song

"One day at a time sweet Jesus. That's all I'm asking of you. Lord give me the strength to do every day what I have to do. Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine. Lord, help me today, show me the way, one day at a time."
This is the chorus to a gospel song from Christy Lane. I grew up hearing that song all the time. I woke up this morning with that playing through my head. It so applies right now. I thought I would share it with everyone.
I am praying that God gives you the strength to do what you have to do today and every day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. That's all we can do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had just written something very similar to one of y'all. "One day at a time - His grace is sufficient." Looks like God's speaking the same message to/through various hearts.

    We can get ahead or behind in things we're doing/handling/feeling ... but if we stay w/His grace, we'll have what we need for that literal one day (moment)at a time. Grounded ... on the Rock. Love to y'all - Jenn

    ReplyDelete