Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Thoughts on Mom Pipes

Since last Friday, we have been through a whirlwind. Emotional, physical, etc. You see, my wonderful mother-in-law is extremely ill. She has liver cancer. It is something that will not be able to be cured. She has been in the hospital since last Wednesday.
Jerry is a grand lady. She has been there for our family every step of the way. I have had the privilege of knowing her closely for 23 years. She is a strong woman. Someone who has a firm grasp of her faith and beliefs. She has a faith that never wavers. She has a servant's heart. She puts others first and would literally give the clothes off her back if the need arose. She has always made time for the grand kids. She has tried every which way she can to be at every event that my kids have had. She knows her bible like the back of her hand. She will pray without ceasing for any and every need that you ask her to pray for.
Throughout this whole ordeal, I noticed something about Mom Pipes. She has never complained once about the situation she is in. She has been more concerned about the family. She has not had one negative thing to say about anyone or anything. Come to think of it, in the 23 years I have known her, I have never heard her mention a negative thing about anyone. She always has something uplifting or positive to say and if there isn't anything like that to say then she doesn't say anything at all. What an inspiration!
We know our time with Mom Pipes is very limited and it is an emotional time for us all but through that grief, I know (as does the family) that we will see her again in heaven when she is called there. She will go to a place where there is no pain, no cancer, no suffering. She will see family and friends who have gone before her. I don't relish the day this happens but I know that in our grief we will also celebrate for her.
For now, we ask that you keep our family in your prayers. We ask for strength and wisdom and most importantly, time with our wonderful Mom Pipes.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that she got to come home. I know that she feels more comfortable there than in a hospital. I pray that she is comfortable and that yall create some wonderful memories with her. This is so hard so watch you do through. I know it is a blessing that she is staying positive and you all can cling to the faith that you have as a family. Call me if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very inspiring lives and words (both, no all three of you - looking at Nocona's comment too). It is so incredibly different when there is eternal hope. Doesn't make it easy, just easi-er ... thankfully and thoughtfully, Jenn

    ReplyDelete