Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Usually on Mother's Day, I get a card (sometimes) and/or lunch out or maybe dinner out the night before. I rarely get cut flowers. My husband believes that a plant will last longer and I agree most of the time. But... There are those times when a woman just needs some cut flowers in her life.
Today, I had to take the middle son to get his eyes examined and get him some new glasses and apparently, my oldest and my husband had been doing some talking. My oldest feigned that he was too tired to go with me today and just wanted to hang out at the house. That struck me as being a little odd but since he has been staying up late, I brushed it off and went on to do what I had to do. I was quite suspicious though later in the day when my hubby kept asking who was with me. Normally, he doesn't worry about it.
When I got home, I walked through to my room and looked at the mail. Then I went back to the living room. The boys were all grinning and telling me how oblivious I was to things. I looked around and noticed the house was still messy and then as I rounded the corner, the flowers caught my eye. I started crying immediately. They all laughed at me and I promptly called my hubby. I couldn't believe he had done that. He said it was Mother's Day. As if that explained it all.
When my hubby gives me flowers then I know that I have received something special and from his heart. It was totally unexpected and such a treat. Not only that, it came with a box of chocolates so he did REALLY good!!! I am a happy wife and momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment