Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Baking Spree

I wish my baking looked like this. I hope to post pictures of my recent baking spree. You see when I get overly stressed I bake. Either that or I clean. Tonight, I needed to bake. I made homemade bread, pumpkin bread, 3 in 1 cookies, and a chocolate pound cake.
I still feel like I could continue to bake but I ran out of flour and eggs. I am hoping to continue baking this weekend. I love to bake. I am not much of a cook but I can bake. I am partial to cakes, breads, and cookies. I have tried pies but it was as my son says, "epic fail". I would love to have my baking look like this picture. Someday I will hope to do that. Funny thing about all this baking is that I bake it but I rarely eat it. I give it away usually. I will probably give away the pumpkin bread. The guys will eat the cookies and cake. Right now there isn't much bread left. What can I say? The guys really like it when I get into moods like this. It is so nice to be wanted. They just want me for my "buns". HAHA!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you! I always opt. to buy the plates and napkins at Holiday get togethers because a baker I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny last line! I love baking. I'm working on tamales at the time - never done them before. (But you've probably seen my FB posts on that.) :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're talking about serious stuff, and what am I thinking? "Where'd she get all this pumpkin?!" I looked at 4 stores this week and found not one can! No pumpkin bread or pumpkin spice cake for us.

    Seriously, though, you're baking is so wonderful, it MUST be therapeutic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAR--I caught the pumpkin on sale back in October. I appreciate the compliment on the baking.
    Jennifer--Good Luck on the tamales. That is something I have never done.
    Nocona--I seem to recall that you like my sopapilla cheesecake. :)

    ReplyDelete