Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmastime is here.

After everyone goes to bed at night, I have started watching my Christmas movies. If you don't know us then let me say that we have a lot of DVDs. We don't rent. We find them really cheap and buy them. I estimate that we have at least 30-40 Christmas movies alone. In that figure, is 5-6 different versions of A Christmas Carol. Below are a few of the movies I am going to be watching over the next few weeks.

1. The Waltons-A Homecoming
2. Little House on the Prairie (Season 8) The Christmas They Never Forgot
3. The Holiday
4. The Last Holiday
5. Miracle on 34th Street
6. White Christmas
7. The Bells of St Mary's
8. Muppet Christmas Carol
9. An American Christmas Carol
10.Charlie Brown Christmas
11. A Christmas Carol (starring Patrick Stewart)
12.Christmas Episode of the Partridge Family
13. Christmas Episode of the Waltons (There were 3 different ones)
14. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
15. Elf

Like I said, these are just a few. I have to get into the closet and see what else I have. I will keep you updated on ones I add to the list. Feel free to leave me the names of some of your favorites.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm. I'm getting ready to post some of my Christmas Tales (some are whimsical). I've said it a couple of times, my knees knock just thinking about doing this. SO, hope you'll swing by and let me know what you think when they're posted. I posted a true-to-life tale yesterday and am heading for a whimsical one today -- due to post at midnight (scheduled). Meanwhile, I enjoyed reading your post. :Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jo & I were just talking about Christmas movies last night. We only have 4-5 on DVD. Had some on VHS but now the player is upstairs & hardly working. I think we're just going to replace them slowly with DVDs. She specifically mentioned the DVD with all the traditional TV specials (Rudolf, Frosty, SC is Coming to Town...) and we always love watching It's a Wonderful Life. If you see either of those for a good price let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - awesome. Maybe we can borrow from each other. I really like Christmas movies too. I write out my list and let you know what I have, only about 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AC-I just let SE borrow the set that has all the original Rudolf, Frosty, etc. on it. I found it on sale at Walmart for $25. Last year it was $30. I think Target may have it cheaper.

    ReplyDelete