Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What I Have Been Thinking About

I have been thinking a lot lately. I know, I hear several people shaking their heads and laughing hysterically about that thought. I do think. A lot. I know that a lot of people think I am a fluff head about a lot of things and maybe I am. I have quirky interests. I know weird things. Okay, one thing weird is that I remember phone numbers. People give me their phone number and I tend to remember it. I have always done that. I like to research things. I like to find out all that I can about certain subjects. I am an inquisitive person.
I like to change things up pretty often. I move things around and add variety in my life. I love to change colors around the house. Like I said, I like variety. I guess the reason that I like these changes and inquiries is because it keeps me from becoming bored. I do not like boredom. I don't sit still well in a manner of speaking. I never have.
So, what have I been thinking about lately, besides a lot of things? Actually, the more I think about that question, the more I think the answer is I have been giving into the "pity party" mode. I know I wrote about Christmas lately and that truly is something I deal with every year but lately, I have been having a really huge pity party. I want to travel and do exciting things but that does not appear to be in my future for a long while, if at all. So, I get down and have this pity party. I start thinking about all I am missing and what I haven't experienced and well...instant pity party.
So, I have decided that I am going to add some color to my life and make some changes. They may or may not be changes that everyone agrees with but it is my changes not theirs. It is time. Time to move forward. No more pity party for now.

1 comment:

  1. Doing some catching up reading. One year I did not put up a tree (commenting on multiple posts I just read) it didn't really affect me until the season was over and it was a long time til the next Christmas. I ws sorry I didn't put it up. A friend of mine saw my tree one year. This was during separation w/all of my family, including my husband's son. Not having any little kids either, she looked at my tree and asked/commented "You do this for yourself, don't you?". Yep. I do. It's our tradition now. Hope you put a tree up. For you. Jenn

    ReplyDelete