Friday, December 18, 2009

Random Things

This blog is a conglomeration of various thoughts and such.
First let me start by saying thanks for the prayers and thoughts concerning my last post. I did follow what God laid on my heart and the funny thing about it all is that the person I had to apologize to is now puzzled as to what I am up to. I will call her C. C. told someone else that she figured that I was mad about all that had happened and yet I came and apologized to her. I am smiling as I write this because I like the way God turned this all around. I ended up having a good week and I believe that it is because I did what I was suppose to.
Today we got out for the holidays. It is such a good feeling. 16 days of rest and relaxation. HAHAHA!!!! I have choir rehearsal for the Cantata on Sunday, the Cantata on Sunday, cleaning and more cleaning of my house, baking, grocery shopping, Christmas with family, New Year's plans, and family reunion. It will be a whirlwind tour of holiday fun. :D
I encourage you all to go see the movie "Blind Side". When we decided to go see it, I was like, "Great another movie about sports. Yippee." Not even close. I laughed, cried, and cheered with the rest of the crowd in the theater. This movie is great!! I don't normally promote things like this on the blog but it was so worth it.
I am debating about putting up curtains at my house. We put up some on the side where the sun comes in but I gave up some of my views. It looks goofy with just these two windows having curtains. I need alternative ideas because I love the openness that our windows give our house. I am hoping that I might can convince my husband's older sister to help me make something to put on the windows while she is here. Hint, hint, hint....
I think I have emptied out my brain for now. Check back later to see what else I have to say. You know me, I have to get my 20,000 words out a day and this is about the only to do that. :D

3 comments:

  1. Glad things are working at work - interesting how it works out sometimes, huh?
    We put up white faux wood blinds and love them. I have sheers on several windows just for a hint of privacy when the blinds are open. I fight a battle over covered and not covered windows. We have a small house - so feeling open is important and coverings seem to close me in, especially fabrics. Oh, I have something somewhere about an a window covering you might like. I'll try to remember to find it. (WOrking against the odds there, remembering and finding). If I'm successful I'll put it on FB for you to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer. I really do hope that you and I can meet some day. You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, Jennifer lives pretty close to your parents. Y'all should meet up sometimes when you're down there!

    I got the hint about curtains. I need curtains on my dining room & kitchen windows, too. Let's get together while we're down there. Maybe do some shopping? :-)

    ReplyDelete