Thursday, June 17, 2010

My "Brownies"

I had a craving for brownies tonight. So, I went to the pantry and pulled out a mix. Then I stopped and thought about it. One box of mix normally lasts maybe 30 minutes after I make it and they aren't very big. I like thick brownies. So, I got a second box down. As I mixed up the brownie mix, I kept thinking it was runnier than I remembered. I shrugged it off and continued.
I put the brownies in the oven and briefly thought it strange that you could make brownies in a bundt pan now. I went on my merry way. As is with any time I make brownies, the time elapsed and I had to let it cook longer. When I opened the oven, I was surprised to see that the brownies had grown much larger than I ever remembered.
I decided to look at the box one more time. It was at this point that I realized that I had not made a double batch of brownies but I had made a double cake in a 9 x 13 pan. Now I was committed because the cake was almost done. Unfortunately, I had told the guys I was making brownies.
When the "brownies" were done. I cut it up and got some. As I walked into the living room, the guys commented that they wanted one and I told them that it was in there for them. They all had the same reaction. "Those are some thick brownies! Hey, this tastes like cake." I finally admitted to them and they just laughed at me once again. Next time I will read the box. For now, the cake is really good.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't laughed aloud at a blog post in a while... but yours made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete