Sunday, June 27, 2010

Please Indulge Me

I know I said that this was going to be a lighter blog but I feel the need to just write tonight. If you will indulge me for a small bit, I would greatly appreciate it. I have struggled this evening. You see, a dear sweet man in our church died Thursday afternoon in his sleep. He was a great musician and a good music teacher. I believe my oldest had him for band. Anyway, his oldest daughter is a dear friend and tonight, she came up to the church to see some people and I was able to let her know how much her daddy would be missed. Of course, I didn't last long before I was crying. I explained to her that I would not be attending the funeral and I explained why. She totally understood.
I find that there are times when I think I am moving on and I am going to make it through but then something like this happens. There are certain songs that have this same effect. I find myself missing Mom Pipes just as much as before. There are many times when I wish I could talk to her again. I know that time will heal but time sure is slow.
I know her family misses her more than I ever could but it still hurts from time to time. I am praying for the family that lost their dad, husband this past week.

1 comment: