Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Supper on Tuesday

I made chicken enchilada soup for supper tonight. I wanted to display it nicely so I set it up and photographed it. Jeff promptly sat down as I finished and started eating it. I am glad I got some pictures first. Recipe is below.
Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 1/2 onion diced
1 scoop of minced garlic (I used an ice tea spoon)
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups diced chicken
4-5 tsp chili powder
3 tsp cumin
3 tsp dried oregano
a couple of shakes of black pepper
a couple of shakes of cayenne pepper
2 small cans of diced green chiles
1 can of rotel tomatoes
2 cans of diced tomatoes with juice
2 cans of whole kernel corn
1 box of Swanson Chicken Broth
Cilantro
Saute onions and garlic in the olive oil. Once onions are softened, add chicken and cook chicken. Add spices and let cook for 1 minute. Add chiles and let cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, corn, broth, and cilantro. Let everything simmer together until it starts to boil.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, and/or tortilla chips, tortillas, or thick slices of homemade bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment