Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I've Just Seen Jesus

I saw someone had posted this YouTube video on facebook and the song flooded my brain, spirit, and soul. If you have never heard it then I encourage you to listen to it. Here are the lyrics to this very poignant song. This is what Easter is about.

We knew He was dead. "It is finished," He said. We had watched as His life ebbed away.
Then we all stood around, til the guards took Him down. Joseph begged for His body that day
It was late afternoon when we got to the tomb, wrapped His body, and sealed up the grave.
So I know how you feel. His death was so real, but please listen and hear what I say.

I've just seen Jesus! I tell you He is alive! I've just seen Jesus!
Our precious Lord alive! And I knew, He really saw me too, as if til now, I'd never lived.
All that I'd done before, won't matter anymore.
I've just seen Jesus and I'll never be the same again.

It was His voice she first heard.
Those kind gentle words, asking what was her reason for tears.
And I sobbed in despair, "My Lord is not there!"
He said, "Child! it is I, I am here!"

I've just seen Jesus! I tell you He is alive! I've just seen Jesus!
Our precious Lord alive!
And I knew, he really saw me too, as if til now, I'd never lived.
All that I'd done before won't matter anymore.
I've just seen Jesus! I've just seen Jesus! I've just seen Jesus!
All that I'd done before won't matter anymore.
I've just seen Jesus! And I'll never be the same again.

I've just seen Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment