Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today was quite a productive day. I am almost finished with all my laundry, cleaned my room, gathered up all the Goodwill stuff, did 2 loads in the dishwasher as well as 2 loads hand washing dishes, made a trip to Target, and made stuffed jalapenos (2 1/2 dozen jalapenos worth). For supper, I sadly resorted to tator tots and buffalo chicken strips from a bag. I just couldn't think of anything creative enough for dinner.
Tomorrow is dinner club with church members. Our group is having breakfast for dinner. I am suppose to bring homemade cinnamon rolls so I have to make them from scratch at the request of the hostess. So tomorrow afternoon will be spent making a mess in the kitchen. I love to bake so it is really more therapy than a chore.
Aside from all this, I was talking with my ultimate best friend (God) today and was sharing my dreams and wishes out loud although He already knew them. He doesn't mind if I talk a lot and share these things. He also seems to listen well, which let's be honest, my husband does not. (My husband has selective listening skills). As I shared with Him, I knew that He was really there. Listening to me. Giving me His undivided attention. It was such a neat feeling. I can't say how I knew that He was there but I could just feel it. I was driving while talking with Him otherwise I would have turned in my seat, crossed my legs Indian style, and gone what I call face to face. It was like when I meet up with my girlfriends. The intimacy, the warmth, the whole thing. It was so incredibly cool. Maybe this is why I accomplished so much. I felt like I had been heard and that someone had cared enough to give me the time I so craved and needed. I was free to move forward. For the first time in a long time, I feel at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment