Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Places in my mind

Do you ever have some place in your mind that you can go and just get away? Some people would say that this is a sign of a crazy person in need of psychiatric help. Others would say that only selfish people would do that. Well, call me crazy and call me selfish.
At night my mind goes a hundred miles an hour. That is an exaggeration but it seems like that. I have tried cutting out caffeine, sugar, etc. so that I will go to sleep but that has not helped. What I found helps is that in my mind, I have a built a little one bedroom cabin. It is set in the middle of a forest with a lake. The only access is by a small water plane or helicopter. This cabin has all the amenities you could want. It is run by solar and wind power. In this scenario, I have unlimited money so I don't have to worry about finances. I have just enough furniture, and lots of homemade quilts. I have a garden outside that is fenced from bears and animals. It is a calming place.
So at night when the thoughts, worries, concerns, and work stuff crashes in, I make the trip to the cabin. I sit on the porch or in front of the fire and close my eyes. In doing this, I relax and the junk in my brain seems to disappear.
So, maybe I am crazy and selfish but if you could see my little cabin, you would want to pull up a chair and stay a while too.

No comments:

Post a Comment