Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Break Day 1 and 2

I decided that I would blog my way through Spring Break this year. It might not be the most exciting thing but I just want to share with anyone out there.
Day 1 (Saturday, March 13th)--I spent the day with my husband at the Dave Ramsey Live conference. It was good. It helped that he was funny. I don't think I could have endured it if he hadn't been. I did learn what diversified stocks and mutual funds were. Someone actually put it all into words that I understood. In case you have never listened to Dave Ramsey or heard of him, he talks about how to get out of debt and make your money work for you not the credit companies. He can be annoying on the radio but he had some sound and common sense steps to getting out of debt. Anyway, he is also ADHD so he didn't stand still and he moved through the material quickly. My kind of speaker. After that, my husband treated me to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We came home and everyone in the house was in bed and asleep by 9:45pm.

Day 2 (Sunday, March 14)--We met our oldest and his girlfriend in Burleson for breakfast. They were on their way to Colorado to see her family. Once we left there we headed to Bass Pro Shop (where we had never been before). We meandered around the store, climbed on the boats, spent quite a while in the archery section, and looked at the fish. After leaving there we drove leisurely through downtown Grapevine only to be stopped at the railroad depot while Thomas the Tank Engine pulled in and stopped. Little kids, parents, pony rides, bounce houses, and vendors everywhere. We then proceeeded to take an off the beaten path road through an industrial area which led to the Founder's Park (DFW airport observation area). We sat on a bench and watched planes land and take off for a while. We walked through the pathway and read the plaque and the signs to see what they were getting ready to do. Upon leaving there, we drove over to Arlington and drove past the new Dallas Cowboy stadium. It is really big!!! After listening to the boys complain that they were starving to death, we decided to experience a new place. We went to Steak and Shake. It was okay. I've had better and I've had worse. But now we can say we tried it. We finally wound down the back roads and came home. It was a beautiful day and very relaxing. It was a great start to this vacation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment