Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break--Day 7

Day 7 started off okay. I left fairly early to go grocery shopping. I started out at Target because there was something I needed there and couldn't get at the grocery store. Then I decided to meander over to Ross. There I found a pair of brown pants and got excited. Now, I had the basics in my wardrobe for work. I left there and went to HEB. I slowly and leisurely did my shopping. I almost broke down and bought a couple of tulip bouquets but resisted spending the money on something that wouldn't last long. I wished now I would have done it. It would have brightened my day later. As I got ready to check out, the clerk looked at me (now, at this point, let me describe what I am wearing--a pink tshirt, jeans, dangling earrings, a necklace, and a watch with charms.) and said, "Have a nice day sir." Sir??? Seriously?? What a blow. It was so disheartening. I know that the clerk didn't even realize what was said but still....
I made it home with all the groceries, had help putting them away, and heard--"There isn't anything to eat. When are you going to buy real food?" I went to my room and shut the door. I just couldn't respond to that.
A little later, my dad-in-law helped me take the car to the shop and then I stopped by and borrowed the tank, I mean the Excursion. After I got home, I changed clothes and we went out to meet my oldest and the girlie girl on their way back to college. They had been in Colorado visiting (in his case--meeting) her parents and enjoying a little snowboarding. We all gathered up at Buffalo Wild Wings and enjoyed the meal together. We walked over to Best Buy and dreamed a bit. Then moved on to Academy to buy shoes for the youngest. He has moved from a size 9 1/2 to a size 11 in a matter of 3 months. Sigh...
I was glad to get home. It seemed like the day would never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment