Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break--Day 8

Well, I slept in on this day. I had an alarm set but kept hitting the snooze button. I finally got up around 930am. Then I started working on the laundry and watched a movie. Around lunch time, I gathered the boys and we went to Venus for some lunch. Sonic was the main vote so that is where we went. We drove home and I continued to work on laundry and moved on to cleaning the closet. I am in the process of rearranging my clothes in an effort to redo the wardrobe. It is harder than you think it would be. I had promised everyone I would get rid of the clothes that were too big but I seem to have an emotional attachment to them and am having the hardest time letting go.
My youngest was fixing Jamabalaya for dinner and we realized we needed milk to make the cornbread so I went to the store. Of course, I thought of a couple of other things we needed so I picked those up as well. Grandpa had arrived right before I did so we visited with him while dinner was finishing up. We had a leisurely meal of Jamabalaya, cornbread, green beans, and aparagus. After dinner, grandpa left and went home and I cleaned the kitchen. You will be happy to know that I finally conquered the mess! Every time I would go to cook or do anything in the kitchen, I would find it in totally disarray. I was about to throw every pot and pan out because I couldn't ever find it clean. But 3 dishwasher loads, and 2 loads by hand later, the problem was solved. To celebrate, I made banana bread. My hubby and I watched some shows on music that he had recorded and I worked on my sudoku puzzles.
I ended the night with one of my top ten movies--Wedding Date.

No comments:

Post a Comment