Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break--Day 9

Today is the last day of Spring Break. I almost had a panic attack in church this morning when I realized that fact. I hadn't done my school work, I hadn't finished cleaning, and I hadn't done anything I really set out to do. I did sleep, I enjoyed being at home with my family relaxing so I did what anyone in my shoes would do. I came home and cooked all afternoon. In case, you don't recognize this, it is called procrastination. I am getting to be a pro at it.
This afternoon I made the following: Homemade Chicken Enchilada Soup, Rotel Cheese Dip, A Pot of Beans, Homemade Biscuits, and Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. Later tonight I will be making breakfast tacos and stuffed jalapenos. I just had this overwhelming urge to cook. I cleaned the kitchen after each thing and ran the poor dishwasher again. Then I sat down and looked at emails and facebook.
Now, I am about to go back to church and I will be finishing this evening off by watching an old movie or old television show on DVD. I will then go to bed and sleep. Tomorrow is the start to the long stretch of the school year. As the song says--I will "just put one foot in front of the other. Before I know it, I'll be walking out the door." (from the movie--Santa Claus is Comin to Town).

I hope that you have enjoyed my Spring Break with me. I will try to be more diligent and blog more frequently. May you be blessed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment