Saturday, April 17, 2010

Corpus Christi Day 3

Well, I finished up with my conference this morning. It was okay but I was more impressed with the first two days than today. Today was what someone termed, "Speed Dating for RTI" The sessions were 45 minutes long and the presenters were talking so fast and going through their presentations that they lost me several times. I was really kind of glad when it was over today.
I decided that since I had the car this morning that I would do something I had never done in my life. I drove through Corpus. You would think I had done this in my life. Actually, my only experience had been my final driving test over the Harbor Bridge with my driving coach. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very similar to driving in Burleson.
I finally got back to the hotel and changed clothes and my hubby and I headed out. We had lunch at Jason's Deli (yum!) and then went to Padre Island. We stopped off at Bob Hall Pier and attempted to go on the pier but it costs money now. We left there and drove past Mustang Island. We eventually ended up at Port Aransas. My hubby found a part of the beach that was uncrowded and quite nice. We parked and took off our shoes. We walked up and down the beach through the tide that was coming in and picked up some small shells that we found. It was hard to find a lot since the tide was coming in. My hubby did find me a part of a sand dollar which I treasure.
We left there and rode the ferry across to Aransas Pass. From there we went to Ingelside and then on to Gregory. My grandparents had lived there for many years and it was sad to see their house was no longer the way I remember it. I almost cried. We drove on down to the church and I took some pictures.
We left Gregory and drove on the Whataburger Field to try to catch the double header game. We got there in time to get rain check tickets in pretty decent seats and a giveaway ball hat for each of us. The first game went off without a hitch and we had fun interacting with them through it. The second game started with rain...again. We spent half that game standing under the awning watching them play. They had to finish the series with this team so they played through the rain. We were both cold so we headed back to the hotel. There we took showers to wash off the sand and grit from the day and relax watching Food Network.
Tomorrow we head back to Maypearl, our jobs, messy house, and my guys (I really miss them.) Adventures are good but home is best. Thanks for going with us on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment