Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to two sweeties

I have the pleasure of having a niece and a nephew celebrating their birthdays April 7th. I will not forget when Little D was born. I was at a baby shower for a friend and suddenly had this overwhelming urge to go see my brother and sister-in-law. When we got there, D was all over the place and Cona was a little distracted because she was having contractions. Once we got to the hospital, the staff there kept her a while and then decided to send her home but about the time they did that her water broke and the event began. Unfortunately, Little D didn't make his appearance until the next day. I remember filming family members for D and Cona and I think at one point I put the camera down and filmed myself talking to Little D. He is a sweet boy and is no longer a baby. I can't believe how fast time has gone by.
My littlest niece was born a year ago. I remember waiting at school for the message that she had arrived into the world. I wanted so badly to be there when she was born but as luck would have it, I was unable to do so. Once the call came, I was so exicted to be able to finally see her. Her mama was having a little problem with blood pressure (I think) and so we stood in the hall and waited for 30 minutes or so. When we finally got to go in, I remember thinking that she was really cute. I wanted to hold her and cuddle her immediately. I felt honored when her daddy handed her to me while he helped her mama. Baby B. (I refer to her by the name I always call her.) snuggled into my arms and settled in. I was so content. I could have held her for hours but her daddy's family arrived and they were itching to hold her as well. We didn't stay long that night but since then I have had the privilege of rocking her, cuddling with her, and feeding her. She always has a beautiful, heart melting smile. I can already tell that she is going to be one that I will have a hard time saying "no" to. Wow, a year! Can you believe it?
I am not sure that there will be anymore nieces and nephews. I always encourage my sis-in-laws to branch out a little more but that idea hasn't met with great reviews. :D I love having so many nieces and nephews to play with, spoil, and hug and kiss. Of course, that's just the kind of aunt I am.
Happy Birthday Little D and Baby B.!!!!

1 comment: