Monday, April 12, 2010

Dinner Disaster

I made a mistake in making dinner tonight. I decided to make Granny Goulash and I have made this dish thousands of times. I cooked the meat and went to add the seasoning. Now at this point, I would add chili powder. I reached into the spice cabinet and grabbed what I thought was chili powder. I finished cooking the meat and other ingredients and called out that supper was ready. I got myself a bowl of goulash. I took a bite and made the comment that it was some spicy chili powder. My husband took a bite and immediately coughed and asked if I had really used chili powder. I said yes and went to the cabinet to prove it. Unfortunately, I realized when I opened the cabinet that it was cayenne pepper. I didn't put just a little bit but I put quite a bit thinking it was chili powder. It was so hot and spicy that even the bit that we choked down was so bad that we didn't even finish. Luckily, my husband had left overs from Arby's that he was able to eat. The kids never eat this dish so they scrounged other things.
In the end, I set the leftovers of this mess out for the dogs. Chico started eating it immediately but then suddenly took a step back, shook his head, and looked up at me. It was almost accusatory. He started back to eating it and would stop and shake his head ever so often.
I have made a mess of some dishes but this turned out to be a doozie of one. Luckily for me, there was a backup to fall on to. Tomorrow, I think I will try to make something successful. HAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment