Monday, April 19, 2010

I stick my tongue out

I guess it was to be expected. I went to a conference but what did I blog and facebook about? My fun times. There are people out there that doubt that I attended the conference that I said I was going to. I know that on facebook, I post pictures of speakers, lunch, etc. I also have pictures of some of the power point presentations. About the only way to get those is to actually be there. I did attend the conference I said I was going to.
You see, I have this nasty little annoying habit. I take notes. I learned a long time ago to take notes so that I don't lose sight of what I am focusing on. It doesn't matter whether there is a power point, book full of notes, whatever. I still take notes. I have two books with notes in them from this conference. I learned a lot. I saw a fantastic classroom situation that I want to incorporate a lot of things into a classroom the next time I have one.
Ask my hubby, he dropped me off every day at the conference site and then picked me up later in the day. Still not convinced? Ask the principal from Abilene, the teacher from Witchita Falls, the two speakers I sat across from, the cirriculum director from Callahan, I could keep going. Then there are the two authors/speakers who signed books that I bought from them. The receipt from the book stores.
I know I had a great time in the late afternoons and evenings but trust me, I did attend the conference during the day. So in the most mature way I know how, I stick my tongue out at those people who think they know everything and that their version of the truth is gospel. They don't know squat. So there.
If this blog post is offensive then I am really sorry but I have to speak up and say what is on my mind. So there. Yes, I am still sticking my tongue out.

No comments:

Post a Comment