Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Will!




Unlike a lot of people I don't have all my kids photos on digital or scanned into the computer. So, that being said, today is my middle son's 16th birthday. I am so proud of him. He has been my child who has sat back and observed the world. He is sensitive, intelligent, funny, and sweet spirited. He does have his moments when those characteristics don't show up but those occasions are getting fewer and fewer.
He is a duplicate of his daddy. He looks like him and acts just like him. He is even sarcastic like his daddy. I have watched him as he sits back and watches the example his older brother set for him. I watched him as he would pray from the heart for others. I watched him stand up for his older and younger brothers more than once.
He has such a sense of humor. He makes me laugh when I am wanting to just yell at him. He knows what makes me laugh so what can I say. I love that he still comes in and lays his head in my lap or on my shoulder. I love that he isn't afraid to tell me that he loves me in front of his friends.
When he was 2, my brother got married. As the bride walked past us down the aisle, he yelled, "Aunt Cona, Aunt Cona!!!" and then took off running down the aisle. Needless to say, we went to the cry room at the back so as not to disturb the rest of the wedding. He wouldn't calm down until he was able to hug her after the ceremony.
When he would get sick, he would want me to rock him. He was my child who wanted to rock all the time. Up until he was 3, he slept with an empty bottle (no lid or anything on it) in his bed. He wanted something to hold that was his security. He was my child that I learned would climb out of his crib and get toys then climb back in the crib. For a long time, his older brother got blamed for throwing toys into the bed with him.
He has always been the one who roots for the underdog. He has always been sensitive of those who weren't included in things or who needed a friend. He was there to be their friend. I have seen him cry as a little boy over the fact that others were treated differently because they weren't like the others.
So, today we celebrate his birthday and I know I look forward to many more of them with him.

1 comment:

  1. My little boyfriend! He was such a little mess when he was little. Like informing me he was packed and ready to come home with me when we left. Or getting me kicked out of an English class because I tried to take him during nap time. He could always charm with those big blue eyes. I can't beleive that he is 16! Not possible. Happy Birthday Sweet Will. From Aunt Cona.

    ReplyDelete