Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Little Italian Wiener

I was in my bedroom today and our miniature dachshund had been let out to go to the bathroom. She scratched to be let in and the boys jumped up to do so. As soon as she got in, they started yelling at her to get back out. I came into the living room asking what the problem was and the smell hit me.
Our outside dogs had brought up a dead skunk and it had been around for a while but Piper picked today to go roll in it. Apparently, she rolled in it so much that it smelled like she had been sprayed fully.
I had to go to the store and get tomato juice. I got home and started bathing her and she promptly jumped out of the tub and ran for the yard. She then rolled around trying to get the tomato juice off her. I grabbed her and put her back in the tub. This happened twice more before I was able to get the boys' attention to come out and help me.
We managed to get her bathed in one can and rinsed and then I had my middle son smell her. He stepped back and said that she still smelled. So we went back to the tub and used another can of juice on her. Finally we were able to get the smell down.
It was not funny then but it seems kind of humorous now. Now she just smells like an Italian wiener. Or a meatball. Whichever you decide.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your skunk story as I had to deskunk my doxie who was actually sprayed by one. The smell was horrible!

    ReplyDelete