Friday, April 2, 2010

Our Basic Anniversary Celebration

Well, it seems like forever (both my hubby and I say that). 21 years. Half my life. The good, the bad, the wonderful, the ugly. We continue to survive and work our way through this adventure. Apparently, we are a rare breed. We aren't divorced, haven't separated, had affairs, or such. We have been content with just the two of us. (The boys are a bonus!) One of the boys once told us that their friends like coming here because it was like being with a real family. When asked what was meant by that, they responded that we fuss and argue in front of the kids, no one packs up and leaves, and after a bit we are snuggling on the couch again. That is what you call, love.
To celebrate this wonderful day, I went to work and my hubby took the dog to the vet to get fixed. Then once I came home, we changed clothes and went out to dinner. My hubby asked me where I wanted to go and I struggled with the decision and finally told him that I really just wanted something simple. So we drove over to Rosa's Mexican Cafe and ate fajitas. Then we went to Home Depot and walked through the store just looking at different things. We stopped along the way and bought milk and then once home just relaxed watching television. We realized we are boring. But boring is good. It really is us. I enjoyed my self and was perfectly happy.
I am ready to face the next 21+ years with my hubby. I know that there will be ups and downs, happy, sad, boring, excited, and an occasional mad but we will survive it all.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to say that we are one of those strange couples as well. Our kids friends say the same thing about coming here. Your anniversary sounds fine considering I got my wife a barn for our ten year anniversary.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 years! Wow! That sounds like forever. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete