Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Trip Prep


Today I am getting ready for a trip. I mentioned it in an earlier post. I am now to the excited point. Not so much because I get to go to a conference but because I get to go with my hubby on what I call a 5 day vacation. We took a mini vacation last year and it was over a weekend. This time we are going to be gone for 5 days. Thanks to Grandpa for watch the younger two boys and getting them to school. The weekend was made easier because D-Now is happening. The oldest is coming home to help with D-Now so he will be in charge of getting the younger two where they need to go.
I haven't even begun to pack yet and the house was still upside down when I left for work this morning. Since my middle son and hubby were going to the ear doctor today, I left a honey do list for them. (By The Way--The middle son had a great report from the Dr. He is hearing better and the fluid seems to be going away.) I hope that by the time I get home, the honey do list will be done and I will just have some minor things to do.
I now understand why my mom was such a fanatic about having the house clean when we would leave on trips. I have found myself doing the same thing. It is so much nicer to come home to a clean house than to the mess that you left.
I don't know how much I will blog while we are gone but I will try to make an effort. At the very least, I will try to post pictures. Several people at work have asked me to bring back bottles of sand for them so they can feel like they are at the beach with me. Glad I am not flying home with all the bottles I am suppose to bring back. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment