Tuesday, November 10, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 10


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6 On days like today when I get stressed about things I have no control over, I try to remember that God tells us over and over to give thanks for every thing. I know it sounds silly but when I am just freaking out I start thanking God for the things that He has given me throughout the day.

Today, is a prime example. I slept through my alarm but God managed to wake me up in time. I had to thank Him for that because this was not the day I needed to be late or miss. I got to school and was greeted with an unexpected meeting. I was told the parents were upset but when I got in there it was just the opposite. The parents wanted to let us know we were doing a great job. Another prayer of thanks. One of my students finally caught on to a concept that was giving us all fits. A major prayer of thanks!

The day is not over but I just have to say that my perspective and attitude changes when I lift up things with a thankful heart instead of whining all the time. Trust me, I do my fair share of whining but as I grow in my walk, I find that my first words are not so much "I want...." as they are "Thank you for...."

Today, I am thankful for you and your family wherever you are.

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite verses. I have hung onto it, clung onto it. Isn't it wonderful when the promised peace that surpasses all understanding comes your way? Even if it's only for a moment b/c life just keeps coming at you. :) I ditto your comment ... thankful for you and your family I'v met through you. :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I slept through my alarm this morning, too! I'll be repeating that verse this morning, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything we experience each day can be a blessing or a curse. Long lines at the store are times to take a break and to regroup for the rest of the day. Time spent in traffic can be times of quiet reflection and meditation. In all we do each day we can find blessings and reasons to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete