Sunday, November 8, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 6


I am behind but then again what is new. I am thankful for the privilege of hearing. That has been especially true lately since my middle son had to have his eardrum fixed. I love listening to the sounds of nature, music, my family. There are times when I think I want it quiet but then when those rare times happen, I find that I really didn't like it so much.
I love listening to the birds and animals outside with their different calls and such. It is almost comforting. I love music! What more needs to be said there. I love how it calms me when I need to calm or it makes happy when I am anything but that. Right now we are learning our Christmas Choir music and it is so pretty. It evokes the most wonderful pictures in my head. I love how music does that. I am grateful that God allows me to hear him through music and through the sounds of nature and through His word. So for today, I am thankful for hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment