Monday, November 16, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 14



Today I was blessed with a special date with my husband. We were on our way to the football game that our boys were playing at and he decided to detour along the way. We stopped at Hammond's BBQ for lunch. We have heard raving reviews about it so it was a planned stop. The food was good and filling. After we left there, I figured that we would just go on to the game. (Let me preface this entry by saying that that morning I had said that I would rather have all my teeth drilled out than go to this game. My husband got a wounded look on his face and said that he had planned to go. So I told him that was fine with me.) As we drove off, he suddenly turned towards downtown Glen Rose and stopped at the courthouse. He asked if I wanted to go shopping at any of the shops. I told him no, because I would want to buy and we couldn't afford it. I did find a nice older man who was selling tomatoes and jalapenos out of the back of his truck and bought some of those from him.
We left the courthouse and drove to this wonderfully hidden park called Big Rock Park. There we took some pictures of the creek, the rocks, and some people playing with their remote control cars in a rock climbing course--think off roading jeeps only small scale.
We eventually made it to the game and endured it. Then on the way home he took down a back road and told me stories that he had heard from his grandmama. It was a totally laid back trip but well worth it.
What really makes this special is that I have been in prayer about getting closer to my husband. With our lives going in so many directions, sometimes it feels like we don't connect anymore. We just are there. In talking with God, I had used a specific example of a date to the park and here it was. I was so grateful and thankful that God honored my request. I feel truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That's awesome! Don't you just LOVE how God hears and answers ... how He loves us so much!!! What a very neat thing for you and your hubby. :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete