Thursday, November 19, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 19

I was talking to my boss today and explained how my sister-in-law had challenged us to blog about 30 days of Thanksgiving. She laughed and asked how I was doing with that. I told her that I had been doing well so far. There was one topic that we talked about and I have decided was worth sharing.
I am thankful that I am a woman. I love that God gave me that momma instinct that only women can have. I love that I can cry and relieve the stress. I love that I am desirable to my husband. I am thankful that I have the passion and desire for so many things. I love that my children at some point saw me as wonder woman, the best at everything I did for them, and the fixer of all problems. Honestly, I don't think I would have made a great guy so I am really glad that God made me a woman.
Today, I wish to end with a bit of my weird and twisted humor:

"I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never let him forget he's a man" because "I will stand by my man" and all I ask is a little "R-E-S-P-E-C-T". "Cuz I'm a woman."

2 comments:

  1. That was great! A seriously great and a funny great! (P.S. Wasn't it the Enjoli fragrance that the bring-home-the-bacon-song was used for in the 70's?)

    ReplyDelete